Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Carrots and Brocolli in Orzo Pasta (Baby Food)

Before having a baby, I have set some goals for myself to accomplish. One of these is making him home cooked meals. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it since I couldn't leave him alone. Plus I find it very convenient just to buy some baby food from the grocery.

Today, I tried to do some experiment in which I let my baby play in the kitchen with the pots and pans while I try to make him some home cooked food. I made him my very own recipe of Carrots and Broccoli in Orzo Pasta topped with Cheddar Cheese. My baby loved it so much, he finished three baby full bowls in one meal.

Here's how I made it. (Take note, I'm not good with measurements and I usually go for the taste)


CARROTS AND BROCCOLI IN ORZO PASTA TOPPED WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE



Ingredients:

Carrots (diced)
Broccoli (chopped)
Orzo pasta
Dried Basil
Dried Minced garlic
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Beef/Chicken Broth
Cheddar cheese (grated)



Procedure:

Cook carrots and broccoli in chicken/beef broth until tender. Add orzo pasta for at least 5 mins or until soft. Put a dash of dried minced garlic and Basil for flavor. Add a little amount extra virgin olive oil. Top with Cheddar cheese while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd appreciate if you leave me your insights.