Monday, February 7, 2011

Mommy Body

Six months after giving birth, I was fortunate enough to get back to my prebaby weight, even less. I remember what I used to look and feel like from loving my preggy belly to getting annoyed with the excess skin and weblike stretch marks after pregnancy. It was like a roller coaster ride. From being so hyped and excited to be a mom to being sad because of the things I cannot do anymore. Putting on my old clothes got very frustrating because of my bulging tummy and getting new clothes is out of the question because I knew sooner or later, I will be changing sizes again. Although I got back from being a size 8 to size 2, I know my body will never be the same again.


Then I came across this article entitled Real Postpartum Mom Bodies, Real Beauty and I felt real good about my mommy body. I could totally relate to it and realized how blessed I am to have my husband who loves me dearly. It means a lot whenever he tells me that I would be forever beautiful in his eyes and I will always be special because I am the mother of his beloved child. He may not be as expressive as the husband in the article but his simple words mean a lot not just because I want him to feed my ego but because he makes me feel very special in every way. I may have the ugliest stretch marks in the world but I wouldn't want it in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd appreciate if you leave me your insights.