Monday, February 28, 2011

Soup of the day: Mommy's Love Soup (Baby Food inspired by the Italian Wedding Soup from Wegmans)

Yesterday, we went to Wegmans to do some food shopping. But before we did so, we passed by the cafe and ate lunch. I particularly love their cafe since I could find just anything I look for. American, Chinese, Indian, sushi, cakes, breads, etc.;you name it, they've got it.

There were variety of soups that I could choose from for my baby. I got their Italian Wedding soup. My baby loved it so much that he almost finished the whole cup I got him which I feel is huge for a baby. I was so happy that I got inspired to make my own version of it. It is pretty simple.

Soup of the day:  Mommy's Love Soup (inspired by the Italian Wedding Soup from Wegmans)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Acini De Pepe pasta
2 cups chicken broth
5 pcs Meatballs cut into small pieces (either make them or use a ready to eat like the one from IKEA)
A stalk of Celery cut into small pieces
Carrots diced to small pieces
Spinach
Basil


Procedure:

Boil chicken broth and add pasta until tender. Add carrots, celery, meatballs and spinach. Wait until the veggies are soft enough for the baby to chew. Add Basil for additional flavor.

Note: Since I am going to feed this to my baby, I don't use any salt for his food. I use herbs to make the food more fun and tasty for him.

Thanks to Wegmans for the inspiration.
LINK: Italian Wedding Soup




 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Looking at this again! Gonna make some more this weekend! YUMM!!! - Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd appreciate if you leave me your insights.