Friday, December 3, 2010

Daddy fun time with the little one

Growing up with my father who is a mariner, I never really got to spend most of my childhood years with him. There were times that I and my siblings were not able to spend many special occasions with him. Although that was the case, we never really felt his absence. We never felt unloved. We have completely understood the situation through the guidance of our mother. So whenever Daddy was around, it was always a fun time.


Now that I'm married, I also want Raphael to feel that he is important and loved by giving him the quality time he deserves from both of us just like the way my parents made me feel when I was very young. So Ryan and I decided that he spends some quality time with Raphael everyday no matter how tired he is from work. So every day when he comes home, we make a certain kind of a hype so that Raphael will feel excited.

It always starts from his call informing he'll be coming home up to the moment he appears at the doorstep. There are no words to explain the reaction Raphael shows when his daddy comes home except that it's precious. The same goes with Ryan whose exhausted aura turns into excitement.

Daddy fun time begins when the two of them play while I cook dinner. Ryan is so fond of annoying Raphael by kissing and tickling him roughly although sometimes the little one tolerates it. There are also times when Raphael wins by disarming his daddy by removing his eyeglasses (what a smart little boy he is!).

It's so nice to look at them that way. I could just imagine how they will be in the future. As for me, mommy fun time begins when I see both of them happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd appreciate if you leave me your insights.