Friday, December 3, 2010

My Mommy Essentials

We are a very outgoing family. We attend many social gatherings and that means we need to pack all the time. As a new mom, I had several trial and errors in packing my little one's overflowing stuff. At last, I have come up with the solution which worked well for me. (See Below)


A LARGE DIAPER BAG
This is my emergency bag. This is where I put all my baby's EXTRA stuff like clothing (depends on the season), blanket, bottles, diaper and wipes. We usually keep this in the car since its too big to bring everywhere. We got a cheap and big messenger bag.

Baby Phat Diaper Bag
A TRENDY SMALLER DIAPER BAG
This bag is dual purpose. It serves as a diaper bag at the same time as my purse. A bigger purse, that is. I got the one with two compartments where I place my stuff on one side and the baby stuff on the other side. This is what I bring all the time. 








California Baby Calendula Cream
CALIFORNIA BABY CALENDULA CREAM
I was first introduced to this product when one of Ryan's officemate's wife gave me one before having my baby. She is Korean and knowing them, they are very conscious when it comes to skin. No wonder they have such flawless skin. Anyway, my son had a very bad baby acne breakout when he was 3 weeks old. I tried putting it on him and after 3 days, acne started vanishing. From then on, I never used anything else on his face but this one. Now, his skin is oh so lovely. By the way, it is also effective on eczema.



Aquaphor Healing Ointment
AQUAPHOR HEALING OINTMENT
When fall started, Raphael's skin started to get dry especially at the back. As per experience, I used Johnson and Johnson body lotion as his moisturizer. It didn't work. So we went to his pediatrician and he recommended us Aquaphor. True enough it worked like magic. Now my baby's skin is always moist and beautiful.






JOHNSON'S BABY COLOGNE
I was surprised that I couldn't find any Baby Cologne anywhere in any baby department I go to. For me, it is a must that my baby always smells fresh and clean. I was lucky enough to get this through my mom when she had her vacation.





ACIETE DE MANZANILLA
I learned to use this from tradition. It had always been helpful to me when I was a baby up until now. This is most helpful when the baby is colicky. I put it on my baby every after bath. It works awesome.







ACIETE DE ALCANFORADO
Just like the aciete de manzanilla, this is also one of the special oils I use for my baby to prevent the cold to go into his body and prevent colic. I put this all over his body before he takes a bath. So far, Raphael has not been colicky since birth. Farting has become his past time. :) He is such a happy baby.






Bright Start Shopping Cart Liner/
High Chair Cover


 SHOPPING CART/HIGH CHAIR COVER
I always bring this one. This is very important especially now that he can already sit upright. I say that this a must have because shopping carts and public high chairs are very dirty. The carts are freezing too especially during the cold months. Anyway, I say this is essential since I don't know the last person who used it. I wash my liner every after use.







*These are the exact things I use.  I couldn't find any picture of the large diaper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd appreciate if you leave me your insights.